(Mark Nelson Trains his Wife Monica Nelson and HARD too! As seen above. )
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Here is a list I have for YOU that will absolutely add up to make those changes that you have been after! Time to really stick with a lifestyle to get you on a healthy routine (now and forever) and make those REAL changes in your health and body. Key word is consistency! I tell all my clients these things daily and now you have it all for yourself as well.
Remember to slow down and be mindful this New Year!
I have so many more tips but this is a great start that anyone can do. BUT YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO IT! The entire point here is NO QUCIK FIXES but rather these are tips to help you live and create a healthy lifestyle now but also-forever. So what are you waiting for?
Here are 10 things you can do TODAY … that can ultimately make a BIG change when continued day after day. Go for it! :
- Add a 10 minute walking break for every 50 minutes of sitting. This is know as NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis)- Research it. This turns ON the Metabolism!
- This one is harder-Only watching as much TV each day for the amount of time you are active. Favorite shows on tonight? Great, if it’s 2 shows for 30 minutes each … get in 60 minutes of structured physical activity. May not sound fair but hey, if you want change you have to make change! Great lesson to teach the kids too! (I actually had this as a rule growing up and I so dis-liked it!… But it really was a great family rule. )
- Don’t drink any calories - no soda, alcohol, sports drinks, no fancy coffee lattes either - nothing! You will also realize you could be super addicted to these drinks as well. Learn to like different beverages.
- But Moni, “I am Stuck at the office ALL-DAY” you say? Easy fix- Do 10 squats, hold plank (as seen above!), jump squats, burpees, and/or do 10 push-ups in your office or home every 60 minutes. Stand up, sit down in your desk chair. 10 times. Hopefully you can get away with this- not in front of everyone. Stay at home mom? Same rules apply. Your kids, friends, and pets will get a kick out of it! Call it- More NEAT coming at ya! The point is to MOVE.
- Replace 1 snack today with a vegetable. I love red bell peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, and carrots with hummus.
This may seem hard at first but it will so help you with your journey to feeling and getting healthier. You will soon CRAVE veggies, it is true. Got Kale Chips? Ask my client Cheryl Tiegs…she loves them!
- TRY to not be in the “Clean the Plate Club.” Eat 80% of what’s on your plate. Yes, that means leaving some food behind. I hate wasting food myself- so you do not need to actually need to throw it out, just roll it over for the next meal. This will also show you how much of the time we eat “just because” and not that we actually need it.
- Ask for them to hold the bread basket if you go out to eat. Easy as it gets- done and done!
- Drink 2 cups of water when you get up first thing in the AM, but also before every meal and snack as well. You know me- I am the water police. Read Are You Drinking Enough Water?
- Leave the TV off at night – if you have kids, go out and play instead – if not, go for a walk after dinner and maybe with the dog. This helps you get ready for a good night sleep too. Great for the mind as well -as you can reflect on your day and week.
- Skip dessert or learn The 3 Bite Rule. You surely have heard this before-This is-Slowly enjoying 3 bites of a dessert with someone else and savor savor savor those 3 bites! No deprivation here. OR Also try Moni Treats! Much lighter.
Easy enough right? Are you ready for change forever? I know you can! I see it everyday. Go get it!
Check out my healthy recipes site too at www.monimeals.com!
Read all my Top TIP Posts here on health, nutrition, workouts, and fitness.
See you on your next workout!
EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT!